Introduction Google Apps
Google Apps is a cloud base group ware products that run in a web browser(concept of SAS) ,This includes communication tools
- Mail Solution with less spam and mobile access
- Office productivity tools (Google Docs: text files, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Google Calendar and IM with mobile access
- Google Sites (to develop web pages)
The tools are free, or users can pay for a Premium Edition that adds more storage space and other features.It’s easy and inexpensive or no-cost way to get these services at your custom domain.(just like http://gmail.vu.edu.pk or http://mail.haroonidrees.com).
Google Apps Education Edition
An Education Edition is offered at no cost to K–12
and higher education. As Google said
"Google Apps for Education is free.This includes user accounts for incoming students in the future. As you may know, Google was founded by a research project at Stanford University, and this is just one way we can give back to the educational community."
Google Apps allows institutions to use their own domain name with the service and to customize the interface to reflect the branding of that institution.
The Url to access Google Apps is
Why Educational should use Google App
The link explain better reason of using Google Apps
It is another version of Google Apps which also is free.It facilitate collaboration for an organization ,small business, business startup or communities less than 50 users with your custom domain.
Standard Edition offers
- Same storage space as regular gmail.com accounts
- Text ads mandatory
- Limited to 50 Users
- Email attachments cannot be any larger than 10 megabytes.
This is the paid version of Google Apps.It facilitate corporates ,medium or large organization.This is exactly a cloud computing concept which describe that modern users will "rent" or borrow online software instead of actually purchasing and installing it on their home computers and decrease of maintenance headache.
- 50 $USD / account / year
- 25 GB space for e-mail
- Text ads optional
- Integrated Postini "security, compliance, policy management, and message recovery services"
- Conference room/resource scheduling
- 99.9% e-mail uptime guarantee
- APIs for Single Sign On, etc.
- 24/7 phone support
- 3rd party applications and services
- Google Video (Private company version of Youtube.)